Home | Smallholdings for sale | Place Ad | 'Sole Agency' Facts | Testimonials | Smallholdings Sold | Links
4+ bedroom extended traditional semi-detached stone cottage, 2.5 acres & equestrian / livestock facilities near Knighton, Powys
Agincourt House, Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys LD7 1SU
Sold Subject to Contract
This was our dream home and pony stud but we need to sell and return to Australia for personal / family reasons. We would also consider a lease, or lease with option to purchase.
- The original part of the cottage is cosy and comfortable, but the extension, particularly downstairs, needs some finishing off (as described below), most materials have been purchased and are on site
- It is a 4+ bedroom extended traditional semi-detached stone cottage, with approx. 2.5 acres of gardens and paddocks, and equestrian / livestock facilities comprising 7 looseboxes, a small manège area and large barn (60’ x 80’)
The views from all windows are fabulous and it is on a quiet road.
The barn and manège area would also be eminently suitable for use as a mechanic's or craft workshop (planning permission for this was apparently granted some years ago).
Nearest public transport – about one.1 mile from Llangunllo Railway Station, offering a quick run through to eg. Manchester Airport.
The village of Llangunllo has a church and newly re-opened pub, and 8 miles away is Knighton (banks, schools, supermarkets, doctors, dentist).
Bedstone College is 15 miles away.
- mains water
- mains electricity
- private drainage
- telephone and broadband
- school bus passes door.
The original part of cottage
Old kitchen (3.50m x 2.93m)
with quarry tile floor, solid fuel Rayburn, electric cooker, LPG hob, 1 1/2 sink, fitted cupboards, old bread oven, built-in Miele fridge, Zanussi dishwasher
Living room (3.64m max x 3.66m)
quarry tile floor, open fire place with 60’s tile surround, telephone point, beamed ceiling, radiator
rear lobby and understairs storage area. (Black and terracotta tiles for floor available for here if required).
Bedroom 1 (3.63m x 3.00m)
electric fire and Adams-style mantelpiece with marble hearth, open fire (could be opened up if desired)
Bedroom 2 (2.46m x 2.50m)
shower, 6 ft bath, WC, basin and bidet. Hot water storage tank (hot water supplied by Rayburn with electric immersion heater backup)
Downstairs – this area needs finishing
Massive living / kitchen area (9.16m x 6.95m)
chimney and flues in centre for oil range and oil space heater. A large quantity of imported jarrah timber (dark red Australian hardwood) has been purchased for the mantel piece and fire surround.
Underfloor heating throughout, in 3 zones: 1 in kitchen, 2 in lounge (this is complete and just needs circulating pump connecting).
French doors to garden, stable door to rear yard.
- Oak kitchen has been purchased and needs installing (includes double Belfast sink, cooker, hob and extractor unit)
- 3 tons of coloured slates (60 cm x 60 cm) for floor have been purchased
- all plasterboard, plaster mix, lighting, sockets etc have been purchased
- first fix complete on plumbing and electrics
Master bedroom (3.08m x 5.09m)
plus entrance / dressing area and en suite -comprising double shower, WC and Italian porcelain and marble basin. Triple aspect and stable door for future balcony.
Airing cupboard with space for mains pressure boiler (not yet purchased)
Open stairs to
Loft area (5.14m x 3.03m) with low sloping walls and Velux skylight
Front bedroom (3.67m x 3.77m)
vaulted ceiling and dual aspect
Large landing / library / study area
with one stone wall and vaulted ceiling
- Gardener’s WC
- potting shed
- former pig cott
- small double stable
- dog run
- large solidly constructed greenhouse
- small pond in front garden
Many interesting trees and perennials, including gingko, magnolia, oaks, eucalyptus, dawn redwood, tree paeonies, herbaceous paeonies, clematis, named roses including a huge William Lobb.
Productive fruit and vegetable garden areas. Several outside taps. Very bird friendly.
Grazing and barn
2 fields plus one small orchard. Well sheltered and south facing. Small manege area.
- Barn is 60’x 30’,
- with a 20’ lean-to annexe comprising 3 looseboxes
Inside the barn there is
- a workshop
- WC, basin and shower
- fluorescent lighting plus outside lighting
- a number of power sockets
- extra water tap
- garaging space for horse-box
- 4 looseboxes (two are approx. 15’ x 12’, so are excellent foaling or stallion boxes, or for housing youngsters together, and the other two are smaller)
- large mezzanine / hayloft area
- concrete floor throughout
- wooden partitions
- washing machine connections
The barn has a large sliding door to front, plus skylights, windows and small door at side. It has just been completely rewired and there are solid fuel heaters.
Purebred Connemara Pony youngstock and riding ponies could be purchased separately if wished
have the Heart of Wales Railway on north boundary and seasonal stream and hedge on south boundary. Reticulated mains water to barn and fields.
Good outriding on the Beacon.
Several hunts nearby – Teme Valley, United, Radnorshire and West Hereford, South Shropshire, Ludlow, etc.
Royal Welsh Showground at Llanelwedd, Builth Wells is approx 20 miles distant.
As mentioned above, plus fitting interior doors and finishing window sills. We are continuing to work on the property.
For further information or appointment to view, please contact the agents
All enquiries through the agents John Amos and Co tel. 01547 529907 email email@example.com
These details have been supplied by the vendor and are a general guideline for intending purchasers and do not constitute an offer of contract. Prospective purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. None of the appliances, services or systems (heating, plumbing, drainage etc) has been tested.