4-bed Welsh longhouse with equestrian facilities, trout lake, swimming pool in 18 acres stunning countryside
Bryn-y-Garreg, Llangadfan, Welshpool, Powys SY21 0QH
A superbly appointed stone built traditional Welsh longhouse set amidst stunning countryside, comprising
- entrance porch
- inner hall
- three reception rooms
- fitted kitchen
- utility room
- upvc conservatory
- games room
- master suite with fitted bath / shower room
- two further bedrooms
- guest suite with own bathroom facilities
- family bath / shower room
- oil fired central heating
- primary double glazing
- outdoor swimming pool
- covered barbeque area
- stream fed trout lake
- excellent range of outbuildings comprising
- 60’ x 40’ steel framed building with eight internal Lodden boxes
- 45’x 15’ lean-to building
- 30’ x 15’ lean-to building
- two timber looseboxes
- tack room
- timber store
- open fronted ‘l’ shaped livestock pens
- 40m x 20m sand manège
- mature gardens and grounds in all extending to about 18 acres
Price - £525,000 reduced for early sale
Within easy reach of Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry, Shrewsbury, Lake Vyrnwy, and Welsh Coast
Viewing strictly by appointment with vendors (contact details below)
For sale by private treaty with vacant possession upon completion
Bryn-y-Garreg comprises a superbly appointed traditional Welsh Longhouse constructed mainly of stone under a slate roof which has, over the years, undergone major renovation and improvements incorporating many attractive features, including extensive use of natural timber, feature stonework, full height picture windows taking full advantage of the far-reaching views, oil fired central heating, primary double glazing, resulting in the creation of a lovely family home offering well proportioned living accommodation arranged on two floors.
The property occupies an unrivalled rural setting approx 17 miles from Welshpool, surrounded by unspoilt farmland and rolling countryside, stands within its own mature garden which includes an outdoor swimming pool alongside a covered barbeque and seating area.
The holding comprises approximately 18 acres in total which is ring-fenced.
The land is divided into fenced paddocks and incorporates fantastic equestrian facilities comprising:
- Internal Lodden boxes for eight together with two further timber stables and tackroom
- Additional buildings afford covered storage areas for vehicles, equipment, feed etc
- A sand manège 40m x 20m is provided to complete the equestrian package
The holding is ideally suited to the equestrian family being situated on one of the noted routes in the Powys on Horseback publication.
Within a 15 minute hack access is available to the Dyfnant and Vyrnwy Forests where 25,000 acres of public access forests are open to riders and carriage drivers.
The established Rainbow Trails Project which was set up to develop 50 miles of accessible tracks and trails in Dyfnant Forest encourages and organises regular social and community based events.
Within the holding is a well-established stream-fed fishing lake stocked with brown trout which offers a peaceful haven for wildlife.
A timber summerhouse provides storage for any equipment.
Nearby Lake Vyrnwy with its shops and RSPB facilities affords a wide range of outdoor pursuits including sailing and fly fishing.
There are excellent road communications to Welshpool, Newtown, Oswestry and Shrewsbury and the Welsh Coast is easily accessible.
The property comprises
Enclosed entrance porch with solid timber double entrance doors, two full height plate glass windows overlooking terrace and pool area with pair of glazed doors leading to
Reception Hall with fine oak panelling, feature timber staircase with galleried landing to first floor, radiator, Italian tiled floor (currently carpeted)
Cloakroom with vanity unit and inset wash basin with storage under with separate WC with window
Utility room quarry-tiled floor with space for washing machine; Belfast sink, WC, radiator, upvc window and upvc half-glazed door leading to rear of property
Dining room 13’ 3" x 12’ 2” timber panelling to ceiling, part stone feature walls, part timber panelling to walls with purpose-built cupboards. Italian tiled floor, full height plate glass window, concealed drinks/storage cabinets.
Stone archway leading to:
Sitting room 23’ 3" x 14’ 0" an impressive room taking full advantage of the fine views with two full height plate glass windows, hardwood panelled ceiling with recessed lighting and centre pendant, two wall lights, wall panelling features, open stone fireplace with slate hearth and copper canopy over, window to side elevation, two radiators, tv point.
Study / Snug 13’ 1" x 11’ 6" with impressive stone inglenook fireplace with inset cast iron gas-fired stove and copper canopy, massive timber beams, exposed ceiling joists, window to front elevation, radiator, concealed lighting, spotlight and wall lights, tv point, telephone point
Kitchen 22’ 0" x 11’ 8" (max) with two upvc windows to rear elevation overlooking rear paddocks, range of light oak-fronted wall and floor units incorporating refrigerator, dishwasher, wine rack, one and a half bowl inset stainless steel sink with mixer tap, inset four ring gas hob, dark green Stanley range cooker providing heating and domestic hot water, radiator, exposed beams, quarry-tiled floor, stable door with leaded light glazed panel leading to:
Rear Conservatory upvc conservatory approx 20’ x 16’ with tiled floor, affords additional accommodation providing access from the kitchen to:
Games room (formerly double garage) 19’ 0" x 19’ 0" converted approx 5 years ago; provides additional accommodation which is currently used as a games room but could quite easily be put to other uses. Comprises upvc fully-glazed frontage with double French doors and single door and two upvc windows to the rear elevation, high vaulted ceiling, downlights, tv point and laminate floor covering.
Gallery Landing with window to front elevation, radiator, walk-in airing cupboard approx 8’ 0" x 6’ 0" with large Sadia hot water storage system, slatted shelving and side window, loft access point
Master Suite comprising:
- Double bedroom; 15’ x 14’ 5" with two full-height picture windows offering fine views, fitted wardrobes, two radiators
- Dressing area: 10’ x 7’ with fitted dressing table suite and wardrobe, window to gable end
- Bathroom with white suite including panelled bath, pedestal wash basin with illuminated mirror over, WC, enclosed shower cubicle, part pine boarded and part full-height tiling to walls, upvc window with views to rear of property, laminate floor
Guest Suite comprising:
- Double bedroom: 13’ 2" x 10’ with two upvc windows to front and side elevations, radiator, exposed ceiling timbers, tv point, loft access and double louvre doors to:
- Bathroom: 8’ x 6’ 6" with coloured suite of panelled bath, vanity unit with inset wash basin and storage under, WC, radiator, four wall lights, two upvc windows providing dual aspects to side and rear
Bedroom 3 13’ 2" x 11’ 2" with full-height picture window enjoying fine views to front of property, radiator
Bedroom 4 14’ 7" x 7’ 3" (currently used as office) with upvc window to rear elevation, radiator, telephone socket
Family Bathroom fully-tiled with new white suite comprising panelled bath, wash basin and pedestal with illuminated mirror over, WC, enclosed shower cubicle, laminate floor, upvc window to rear elevation
Central heating - oil-fired Stanley range providing heating, cooking and hot water facility
UPVC barge and fascia boards, soffits, gutters to side and rear elevations
Ample power points throughout
Approach the property is approached at the end of the council-maintained lane over its own tarmacadam gated driveway (with cattle grid) to the side of the property where there is ample parking area for several cars
Former garage now converted to accommodation, currently used as games room
Attached timber store / garden shed 15’ x 10’ lean-to timber shed with side window, concrete floor, power points and lighting
Chicken enclosure with three hen houses
Gardens lawned areas to front side and rear of the property with mature shrubs and trees
Slate paved area to front of property taking full advantage of the fine views which include the trout lake
Covered barbecue area slate-roofed with central stone fire and feature chimney, overhead heating and lighting offering all-year-round barbecue facilities
Swimming pool set within the slate terrace 24’ x 12’ pool with filtration system in adjacent pumphouse
Stable Yard separate vehicular access from the council road to a range of steel-framed and timber buildings, most with lighting and power and water to the main building comprising:
- American Barn: 60’ x 40’ clear span portal framed building with large door to rear opening to fenced enclosure, large door to front with integral personnel door, concrete floor, water and electricity
- Eight ‘Lodden’ boxes each 14’ x 12’ with a wide central gangway, storage areas
- Three bay lean-to: 45’ x 15’ with concrete floor and open boarded ends with doors to front and rear, lighting and power
- Two bay lean-to: 30’ x 15’ with concrete floor and open boarded ends with doors to front, lighting and power
- Two looseboxes: each 12’ x 10’ of timber construction with concrete floor, roof overhang, concrete apron to frontage, lighting
- Tackroom / workshop: 12’ x 6’ with light and power, window to gable end
- Store: 20’ x 10’ timber storage shed with concrete floor and lighting
- All around concreted yard with post and rail fencing
‘L’ shaped open fronted livestock/storage sheds overall 40’ x 19’ with concrete floors
Manège 40m x 20m sand covered manège with post and rail fence with stoned turning area
extending to approx two acres, stream fed and bordered by mature trees and shrubs including rhododendrons is stocked with brown trout.
Timber summerhouse provides shelter / storage for equipment and fishing / boating accessories
Timber decking to one side of feeder pond provides idyllic setting for soaking in the surroundings
The main block lies mainly to the rear of the property within a ring fence comprising interlinking gated paddocks with post and rail, stock fencing and mature hedges
All together approximately eighteen acres
The holding has potential for a variety of uses lending it to activity holidays,
bed and breakfast etc (subject to planning regulations)
The property is a registered smallholding
- private water supply from borehole
- original well to front of property
- mains electricity
- private drainage
- telephone installation (subject to BT regulations)
- broadband connection (subject to BT regulations)
Powys County Council
Council Tax Band: H
The property is easily accessible from the B4395 off the main coastal route (A458) Welshpool to Dolgellau road
Energy Performance Certificate
Address – Bryn y Carreg, Llangadfan, Welshpool, SY21 0QH
Price Guide £599,950
For more information or appointment to view please contact the vendors direct
Viewing strictly by appointment with the vendors on 01938 820681 or via email
These details have been supplied by the vendor and are a general guideline for intending purchasers and do not constitute an offer of contract. Prospective purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. None of the appliances, services or systems (heating, plumbing, drainage etc) has been tested.