Simple guidelines for submitting an advert for equestrian property or smallholding in Wales
- Prepare the description of your property using Open Office or Microsoft Word
- Please do not use ALL CAPITALS for headings or any passages of text (research has proved that the human eye reads by identifying the shape of words - words in capitals have no shape!)
- Please send images separately as jpgs (even if they are also incorporated in the text document), preferably 2 or 3 to an email or in separate emails (our server rejects emails with very large attachments); see below for number of photos
- Please supply an electronic copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or asset rating graph for your property if applicable, to comply with Trading Standards. If in doubt please forward details of your property & we will consult Trading Standards for clarification.
- Email the details, photographs & electronic version of EPC to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a limit of 10 photos per page included in the one-off payment, since the more images on the page, the slower it will be to load for people without broadband (yes there are still many on dial-up, especially in rural areas!)
If you wish to display more than 10 photographs, we can provide a separate 'gallery' of photos which would include larger versions of the main ones in the description along with any others you want to display - these would be thumbnails which, when clicked, show a larger version of the photograph - see this sample gallery
As you can see a gallery is a very effective way of giving potential purchasers the chance to have a good 'look around' prior to an actual viewing. If you want to have a separate gallery page, you can display up to 30 photographs for a small additional payment of £35. Giving as much information as possible beforehand by way of photographs may save you time on the phone and may help to encourage potential purchasers and discourage potential time-wasters!
Paying for your advertisement & what the payment includes
There is a one-off fee of £85 for displaying your property; this includes spell & grammar check, proof-reading, resizing & optimisation of images as necessary and minor alterations to the advert during the time your property is advertised - eg price reductions etc.
If you require an additional photo gallery page the total cost for the listing, including gallery is £120 - a very small price, compared to what estate agents charge and from feedback we have received, we seem to be far more successful than estate agents when it comes to selling a smallholding in Wales!
You can pay securely online by debit or credit card using Nochex (preferred) or Paypal - you don't need to have an account with either of them. Your payment will go to "Flash Granny" which is the company responsible for Smallholding Wales' website.
Nochex is our preferred payment method and it's very simple to use.
Just click on the button below to pay securely online using your debit or credit card: (payments will show as "Nochex" on your bank or card statement)
Click on the button below to pay securely online using your debit or credit card:
If you are unable to use either of the above online payment methods, we can accept payment by cheque or postal order; however this will delay your advert appearing online since we live in a very rural area and don't get into the bank very often; once your cheque is paid in then there is a further wait of at least 5 working days for your cheque to clear.
If you wish to pay by cheque or postal order, then please email us.